Monday, June 07, 2004

10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

Thats what it feels like when i try to sleep in the car... I can do it but i wake up with some weird kink in my neck, back, arm, leg, or some other body part. Im 6'6" tall... and when you put a car seat into the car it really doesnt leave much room to sleep.

We went to Chicago this weekend for a birthtism for my neices. One turned 2 and the other was baptised. Goods times were had by all. Its kinda strange, because all my brother-in-laws buddies are really quite similar to my own. They like to make shit of each other constantly so i fit in pretty well.

We played a little golf, i got a little churching, ate some italian beefs, and of course drank some beer. Yes, i did drink even after the horrible experience that was thursday night. Needless to say the first beer tasted and felt like gravel going down my gullet. We had a great time, like we always do when we hang out with my wifes family.

The only bad part is the car ride. 5 hours is a long time when you big. Plus coming home i drove half the way trying to cling to my last little bit of wakedness. Whenever your the only one in the car that is awake its hard... especially after a long night of drinking. I did get to sleep on the second half and sleep i did. 2 hours straight... beautiful.

Thats all i got for now... i need to work and sit here trying not to sweat. Its hot. 90 degrees and 100% humidity. You gotta love living in Iowa... its only gonna get worse.

Learn it, know it, live it!
Turf

|