Thursday, February 09, 2006

Another travel weekend

well its Thursday... actually friday for me. I have tomorrow off so we can hit the road for the drive over to the burbs of Chicago for my nieces birthday this weekend. its not a bad drive, only like 4 1/2 hours, which isnt bad going out... coming home is another story.

my brother-in-law's family like to party, so birthdays will always involve a little booze, and typically when we go there i hit it pretty hard. that means that the same 4 1/2 drive out will seem like 17.5 years with a hangover. i know, you say i dont have to get drunk.... which is exactly what my wife says, but that usually just doesnt work out. they have a keg fridge and as most of you know, when drinking beer if it comes from a glass rather than a can it seems to disappear a lot faster, therefore i drink more and invariably end up bombed. its the beers fault, not mine.

so that is my plan for the weekend... see some family, have a party for a 2 year old, and drink, not necessarily in that order.

Learn it, know it, live it!
Turf

|