Friday, January 14, 2005

My little girl!

I was just checking out Zelda's site and she was talking about her little girl's birthday. It seems I link to her a lot. Hmmm... some weird infatuation? Probably, but that is for another time.

My little girl took the phone from my wife last night and said Hi to me. She is almost 2. To hear her little voice in the phone was awesome, one of the best moments of my life.

Ever since she was born it has been awesome to watch her grow and change. Just in the last month she is starting to put words together, although some are still hard to understand but she is trying her ass off.

She was a big baby. 10 1/2 pounds. My wife is 5'2". She had an ultrasound right after her due date and the doctor said that if it showed the baby to be over 10 we would be scheduling a c-section, if it was over 9 we would induce, and if it was under 9 we would let it cook. It showed her to be almost 11. The doc said we would admit my wife immediately and induce her in the morning. WHAT! you just said we would c-section, but no... i think you can deliver this baby.

Anyway that wouldnt work anyway. My grandfather died 2 days before and the funeral was the next day. Talk about mix of emotions, but that is for another post. We pushed the day back so I could attend the funeral. I went to the funeral 2 hours away, drove home and picked up my wife and took her to the hospital for admitting. They would induce her in the morning.

The next day they got us up about six to start the pitocin drip for the induction and then they would break her water at 8. When they did the ultrasound they told us that she had enough amniotic fluid for twins. That would explain why she got so big.
Now if you have never seen water being broke it was disgusting...im glad it didnt happen at home. They break the sack with something that looks like a knitting needle and man did the fluid come out. All over the docs nice sweater and everything. I was sitting on the couch in the room and then i hear the doctor say "Oh God" so i jump up and run over and end up standing in the puddle. Great. Wet socks.

The doc said he would be back in a couple of hours to check on us. The hosptial has private delivery rooms with a couch, tv, stereo so it was comfortable just to hang out. My wife really didnt have horrible contractions at first, then the pitocin started to kick in about 11 and they gave her and epidural. Very creepy to watch but she was a trooper. She wasnt allowed to move from the bed and the nurses would come in every 15 minutes to roll her over after the epidural kicked in. She never really dialated a lot so they kept uping the pitocin. The doc would come it and check and up it some more. My wife labored through her epidural 2 times, they had to add extra and they ended up doubling the pitocin. She never got passed 7 centimeters. By 7 they were going to up the pitocin again. We wife was shot. She had labored all day. Was crying and miserable. I told the nurse to get the doctor, it wasnt going on any longer. He said fine we will do the c-section. They get her prepped and wheel her out while i put on my scrubs, that barely fit. Im a big man. 6'6" 300lbs. Im not super fat by any stretch but i could use to lose a couple of lbs.

Just as i get dressed they bring her back. What the fuck! Emergency c-section on someone else, she got bumped. We waited another hour before the wheeled her back, and they put me in the recovery room to wait for them to get me. The poor people who had the emergency c-section were there. I couldnt see them behind their curtain but i could hear them both crying. They hadnt seen the baby yet and didnt know what was happening. It had to be over and hour since the procedure. Very uncomfortable, but it turned out the baby was fine. (They tried to deliver and 11 lb baby and after the head came out it got stuck). Anyway they forgot me. Why doped up wife had to remind them to come get me. I got in the room just and they were starting to pull out the baby. It was awesome. I could see in my wife, and the whole thing is super violent. They really have to pull the baby out, it lifted her off the table a bit.

The first time i saw our little girl was awesome. I was always worried that she would have some defect or something. I dont know why and i would love her no matter what, but she was perfect. I cut the cord and showed her to my wife and then they took me and the baby away. Talk about hard. Your wife is laying on the table cut open and you have to leave.

Well its been almost 2 years and she is still perfect and so is my wife. She went from being a huge baby to a little girl. She is really small, thanks to my wife. I guess that would be better than to have here end up like me. Probably not a lot of dates if she was my size with a goatee!

I apologize for the long post but I had to put it up. If anyone is thinking about having kids but isnt sure. It is the greatest thing ever!

Im spent.

Learn it, know it, live it!
Turf

|