Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Carpentry woes

Im not the most handy guy in the world but i can hold my own with most things, or i can learn. I built a shed last summer and now its time to get on with the next project. Finishing the basement. Is not that big (we live in a split level) so i really am only building 1 wall. I have most of the tools i will need, i just havent ever done it. So im a little leary that it will turn out looking like shit. I guess i just have to jump in and get it done, as long as i can find a place to put all the junk i need to move to start.

How is it that we have only lived in this house for 2 years and we have a whole basement full of shit. I dont know what it all is, but i know we need it. Whether it be baby clothes or cooking shit or christmas shit or holiday shit, its all there and i dont know if we have enough room to consolidate it all into 1 room. We need to organize. I need to do it this week so i can start my learning process of framing possibly this weekend. I will try and get some pics of before and after!

Later from cold, wet, icy Iowa!

Learn it, know it, live it!
Turf

|