Thursday, January 29, 2004

Its snowing again

Oh yea... did i mention that it is freaking cold... this is like the 3rd day in a row of negative temps and now its snowing... I cant bitch too much, we havent had that much snow, but it is getting to the time of year when i start thinking about golf. This really sucks. You might ask why... well i have had a rather interesting winter... you take a small family reunion (my wifes) add some booze and some guys that think they could play football in the NFL, and you will get someone hurt. This would be alright except when its me. It was a great play... I knocked down the pass the would have been the game winning touchdown... but then I fell. For those of you that know me, you can guess that im not the most agile guy. 6'6" 300lbs. Im a big boy!
Well 300 lbs falling directly onto the should blade makes for a sweet separated shoulder... a type IV. According to the literature on the internet those are usually casued by motor vehicle accidents, or in my case a whole of weight smashing me into the ground. Needless to say it hurt. I swore. A lot.
I ended up having to have surgery to repair some things in the aforementioned shoulder right before Christmas. I got drugs. They made me tired. I having been going to physical therapy and started hitting the weights... I can lift 3 pounds with my bad shoulder... I rule.

Anyway I want to golf... now, but i cant. So i sit on sundays and watch golf (im a loser) and hope that i will be better by april or may so i can once again hit the links and drink beer.

But for now its freaking cold, and snowing again.
At least i can drink beer.

Learn it, know it, live it!
Brad

|